While the food options at Walt Disney World are both plentiful and delicious, the large crowds make getting what you want — and when you want it — a little difficult. That’s why this new rumor made us so damn happy: mobile ordering is reportedly being added to several restaurants this Summer.
In March, it was announced that the Satu’li Canteen at Pandora – The World of Avatar will offer a mobile ordering feature through the My Disney Experience app. The app allows visitors to order meals, pay in advance, and schedule a pick-up time.
Following the introduction of mobile ordering at the Satu’li Canteen, Disney expanded the time-saving feature to two additional restaurants in June. According to the official website, Animal Kingdom’s Pizzafari and Flame Tree Barbecue now offer the service.
- Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, and Tortuga Tavern.
- Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary and Backlot Express.
- Epcot: Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella.
- Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger.
- Animal Kingdom: Restaurantosaurus — in addition to the Satu’li Canteen, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Pizzafari.
Disney will hopefully continue to add the service to restaurants throughout the Summer; however, it seems as though they are testing it out exclusively in Animal Kingdom for the time being. So, yes, it might still be too early to start scheduling some of those meals — but we can dream, right?
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Anna Monette Roberts