When you hear the words “dessert pasta,” a lot of strange combinations probably come to mind. We’re here to tell you that chocolate and pasta definitely do work together and can produce mouth-watering results! YouTube star Hannah Hart stops by to show us how to whip up this amazing recipe and tell us a little bit about her new YouTube series, While the Water Boils. This chocolate orzo flan brings together chocolate and orzo pasta for a rich, crunchy, lightly sweet dish that will make a dessert pasta fan out of you!
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, divided
- 1 roll phyllo dough
- Dark chocolate sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring milk to boil, add orzo, and simmer until pasta is thoroughly cooked and mixture starts to thicken.
- Add in chocolate and 2 tablespoons sugar. Once dissolved, cool down to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whip egg yolk with 1 tablespoon sugar, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white with remaining sugar.
- Combine with yolk mixture and stir into chocolate/pasta mixture.
- Line 12 muffin pans with one sheet of phyllo dough in each tin and fill with chocolate/pasta mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 18 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with chocolate sauce.
- 12 servings
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Tatsuya Kawauchi